The three-day program, built around a theme of “Delivering Clean Energy through CANDU® Maintenance and Life Extension”, will comprise six plenary sessions and six parallel technical programs.
The Sunday (October 1) program will include the popular CANDU® Configuration Overview Course, in addition to the Opening Reception. The CANDU® Configuration Overview Course focuses on CANDU® Plant and Reactor Orientation, Systems and Reactor Regulation, and Plant Operations, Degradation and Maintainability.
CMNCC-2017 will also include the student program that includes a poster session based on technical paper submissions, similar to that in CANDU® Maintenance Conference (CMC)-2014 and International Nuclear Components Conference (INCC)-2015.
Plenary Sessions & Technical Program
There will be enhanced emphasis on attracting senior leaders, from Canada and abroad. The plenary and technical programs will be divided into six parallel streams that will develop the conference theme: Delivering Clean Energy through
- CANDU® Nuclear Power Plant life extension that is built around successful refurbishment, ongoing maintenance and aging management
- Asset/life management and equipment reliability,
- Maintenance and refurbishment of nuclear components,
- Maintaining economic competitiveness using mitigation measures to prevent deratings,
- Implementing post Fukushima strategies to improve plant safety
- Aging Mitigation measures to achieve world-class performance of CANDU® Nuclear Power Plants and to provide continued safe, reliable and clean energy in Canada and around the world from CANDU® reactors.